Friday, January 3, 2014

Yorkshire Tea Loaf



Hello folks!
It's still holidays here in Russia and as we have some free time I decided to cook a nice cake - Yorkshire tea loaf. But I have to confess - I changed the original recipe a bit so here you'll see my version :)
And please read carefully as you need to prepare fruits a night before you'll cook the cake!



300 ml very strong tea Earl Greay (as I'm not in England and not able to get Yorkshire tea) - I used 5 tea spoons on 300 ml water.
200 gr dry Cornelian cherries (instead of dry cherries)
250 gr dry raisins
50 ml single malt whisky
200 gr brown sugar
225 gr flour
100 gr walnuts (there are no walnuts in the original recipe)
1 tea spoon baking powder
1 tea spoon ixed spices (cloves, anise, cardamon, nutmeg, allspice tree, cinnamon)
2 eggs

1. Make a very strong tea, filter and pour hot tea into raisins and cornekian cherries (that liquid completely covered dried fruits), in 15 minutes to add wisky, mix and leave for the night.

2. In the morning add sugar, walnuts, eggs into dried fruits (not to merge not absorbed tea) and mix.
 
  3. Mix a flour with a baking powder, then mix with spices. Add into a bowl with dried fruits and mix properly. It should be stiff viscous paste. Then pour out dough in a form and bake about an hour at a temperature of 160 C. Get from an oven, let to cool and take out from a form.





2 comments:

  1. I love tea cakes, I should try to make this one/ Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...